Tax guide for newly self-employed musicians

Have you just graduated from music college or university and not sure where to start with tax? Are you a full time employee with extra income from playing music in the evenings and weekends?

To register as self-employed with HMRC, follow this link:
Register for and file your Self Assessment tax return

The Musicians’ Union provide an introductory starting point to the types of expenses that you may be able to claim:
Musicians’ Union: Claiming Expenses as a self-employed musician
It depends on your circumstances as to what can or can’t be claimed so this should not be relied upon without consulting an accountant or tax advisor.